RE: Re: Stormhold Scenario: leadership contest

From: Jeff Richard <richj_at_...>
Date: Fri, 7 May 2004 10:09:36 -0700

> > Have the Ernaldans been written up in any form?
> > Sorry, I'm a bit at sea with the details...
> Benava is one of Jeff's Colymar mob, based on her appearance in the
> High Council scenario in 1613, so over to him for the details.
> Powerful earth priestess, hates Kallyr.

My current write up for her is (c. 1613): Chief Priestess 10M3, Devotee of Orventili the Queen 15M2, Heal Relationships 5M3, Oath of Peace ritual 12M, Love Husband (Kallai Rockbuster) 10M2, Protective of Colymar Tribe 10M, Distrust Non-Colymar 17. She's got strong connections to the Clearwine Earth Temple, and lots of contacts amongst the Shaker Priestesses. After the Rebellion, she probably has a Hate Starbrow skill of between 1 and 5M. She's got a variety of helpers and ritual items. She was initially from the Zethnoring clan, but has been the chief priestess at Clearwine since about 1595 (give or take a few years). She was born c. 1570.

For what it is worth, I have the goddess of the Clearwine Earth Temple as Harevernalda (and the initiated call the Temple by her name) - the Daughter of the Vine and a subcult of Esrola. Hareva is the Guardian of Harevernalda. There's 11 full-time tribal priestesses at Harevernalda and the Temple is recognized as the Chief Temple of Ernalda by some 10,000+ Ernaldans. It is supported by the Sacred Fields between the Nymie and the Stream. The major Ernaldan temples in Western Sartar are (in the following order) Harevernalda, Greenstone and Vorda Hill (in the Curtalilands).

For the Volsaxi, the major temple is at Vorda Hill, which is a temple to Ernalda the Queen and Ustera (Vorda's ancestor). It was founded in the Imperial Age, during a siege that lasted for three years (how convenient!). Ustara protected Vorda and her people during the siege (again, how convenient). Don't know much more about it - but I think that many of the priestesses of Vorda Hill are at Whitewall!!

 Jeff