Re: Broyan's Three Cults

From: Roderick and Ellen Robertson <rjremr_at_...>
Date: Fri, 7 May 2004 14:21:12 -0700

> >As I believe we said earlier, if Drama needs them that wide, they're that
> >wide!
>
> Of course if the Bat brings down part of the wall, Broyan will no longer
> be able to ride round the whole city - presumably this has mythical
> importance.

Or during the ritual the horses ignore the gap and run across if as if the walls were still there. It depends on if the Bat's damage is mythically important or not! Since the city holds for two years after the BatBlat, it might not be "significent" to the ritual identity of the city.

The sight of the horses ignoring evident damage would be a moral boost to the defenders, a blow to the Lunars. On the other hand, if you go with "can't cross the gap", then the inability of Broyan to complete the circuit would be a blow to the defenders, a boost to the attackers.

It kind of depends on the mood we are trying to create at this point in the siege.

RR
- Richelieu