Re: **SPAM?** RE: What ever the weather...

From: Alex Ferguson <abf_at_...>
Date: Sun, 9 May 2004 06:06:57 +0100

On Thu, May 06, 2004 at 08:36:31PM +0100, Jane Williams wrote:
> Which is a thought.... I used to know exactly how the Scarf worked,
> mythically, in RQ days. Could someone more familiar with the recent books
> remind me how it works now?

Well mythically, much the same I'd think. In practical terms, also much the same but more 'coolly ambiguous'.

> In particular, how Vingans get that particular "spell"?

I think this'd come under the category of once you're an initiate of Vinga, you can become an initiate of any aspect of Orlanth (I feel this is at least implied, don't ask me to swear right now precisely how expressed), and by that token can learn that magic without actually joining, also (HQ p120 -- 'associate magic' revisitted, I suppose). This'd normally be a whole affinity, but there's wriggle-room to say you can learn 'stand alone Feats'. (I assume Daylanus is probably the most appropriate sub-cult, but don't have a Feat name to hand.)

Where this is of particular importance to the first cult (or a particular temple thereof), I'd be tempted to consider it an instance of the "shared sub-cult" structure.

Cheers,
Alex.