Re: **SPAM?** RE: What ever the weather...

From: Alex Ferguson <abf_at_...>
Date: Tue, 11 May 2004 00:47:14 +0100

On Sun, May 09, 2004 at 11:13:16AM +0100, Jane Williams wrote:
> > On Sun, May 09, 2004 at 06:06:57AM +0100, Alex Ferguson wrote:
> > > (I assume Daylanus is probably the most appropriate sub-cult, but
> > > don't have a Feat name to hand.)
> >
> > Actually the most clearly similar would be Helamakt's 'Mist
> > Cloud' feat. I this case it's (even) less clear if Vingans
> > can automatically get the magic, but the shared-sub-cult idea
> > still works, I think.
>
> (bewildered look) What happened to Huraya, then?

It was never a separate cult, was it? So I imagine the answer is, "nothing much".

> The Scarf used to be one of the Four Magic Weapons, along with the Sandals
> of Darkness, Shield of Arran and Lightning Spear. Orlanth had a little
> myth-let about how he got each one, and Vinga had her own little myth-let
> for each that was never quite the same (in fact a paranoid mind reading them
> carefully might suspect she nicked the lot off Orlanth). Have we lost our
> Magic Weapons when Orlanth sprouted all his new sub-cults, or something?

As I said, my initial guess would have been it corresponds to Daylanus, though perhaps it would be closer to it to say they were each a different sub-cult unto themselves (e.g. the Lightning Spear is now the entire Yavor cult).

I assume Vinga being any sort of explicit variant in such respects was never 'official' anyway.