Re: Re: Transition from Phase 2 to 3

From: Jane Williams <janewilliams20_at_...>
Date: Thu, 13 May 2004 13:15:38 +0100 (BST)

> Oh, well in that case, any good story needs some
> lulls, and any game
> needs some downtime for narrator and player freedom,
> and character development.

This is why we've tried t give an idea of what's going on in the background without player input needed. So a narrator can say "ok, a season passes, you take part in this, this, and this, and hear about these other things". Or, they can go into one or two in detail. Each campaign will have a different need for "down-time", and find different events of interest.

> Have you bashed these sorts of things out?

Not as such. I tink you may be the first to mention them explicitly.

> I just read Legend by David Gemmel
> which was very odd
> in that the siege was six months or so, during which
> time it seems
> the horde threw itself at the walls every day. Not
> very siegey if
> you ask me. Whitewall is plainly different.

Whitewall has a more intelligent/critial authorship and readership, perhaps?

> (BTW, when it is made into a
> major three-part epic, I suppose Orlando Bloom gets
> to play Broyan the Batboarder?)

No, that's one bit of casting we *have* sorted out. Broyan is played by Brian Blessed.

I agree that we have to have Orlando in there somewhere though. I don't think he suits any of the NPCs we've designed so far, does he?

None of the Ramriders. Roganvarth Penterestsson?

Or do we need to come up with a new part for Orlando? John wanted an alternative candidate for the leadership contest just after the Bat-Blat, maybe that's his role?

Jane Williams