The Actor Game

From: Stewart Stansfield <stu_stansfield_at_...>
Date: Thu, 13 May 2004 14:15:31 -0000

Jane:
> Or do we need to come up with a new part for Orlando?
> John wanted an alternative candidate for the
> leadership contest just after the Bat-Blat, maybe
> that's his role?

That's a novel approach (well I've done it before, but it's just how it feels now!). Rather than wrestling with grammatical abilities for character descriptions, what about a single snapshot of a fairly unique actor in a performance--a basis for description based on looks, voice, gravitas, key role, pig-ugliness, vapid beauty or whatever? e.g. Harry H. Corbett and Wilfrid Brambell (for the Brits).

It's been a bit quiet of late and they don't have to be used, but others can change and work from them as they wish. Might spur a bit of thought. Beyond the two above (who'd be great), I'd have to suggest...

PETER LORRE (in just about anything)

(N.B. I resisted saying Dick van Dyke. Though I still think Terry-  should be Tatius)

Cheerio,

Stu.