Re: The Actor Game

From: donald_at_...
Date: Thu, 13 May 2004 19:00:32 GMT

In message <20040513143105.76773.qmail_at_...> =?iso-8859-1?q?Jane=20Williams?= writes:

>> whatever? e.g. Harry H. Corbett and Wilfrid Brambell
>> (for the Brits).
>
>Only works if you mention the role, I think, unless we're all film buffs
>or don't mind spending a lot of time on Google. Having just Googled, I
>now know that you're talking about Steptoe & Son. OK. Where do you see
>them fitting in? Not as Major Heroes, I hope, but in the colourful
>low-life end of the spectrum, yes.

Battlefield salvage - raiding corpses for bits of armour, weapons and magic charms to resell. Makes them merchants of a sort, but not a follower of one of the major merchant deities. Probably more at home among the Lunar camp followers than within WW where the chances of meeting someone who recognised where an item came from would be rather high and potentially dangerous.

>Can we get Sean Connery in here somewhere? As an Orlanthi priest,
>perhaps? He's geting a bit old for an active role, but I want his
>voice... :)

Why restrict it to actors as they currently are? If you want Sean as he was 20 years ago then go for him. That's another reason for using the characters rather than actors especially as some are capable of playing different roles.

--
Donald Oddy
http://www.grove.demon.co.uk/