RE: The Actor Game

From: donald_at_...
Date: Thu, 13 May 2004 23:11:46 GMT

In message <000601c4391d$8abf3c80$0302a8c0_at_master> "Jane Williams" writes:

>>> Steptoe & Son.

>> Battlefield salvage - raiding corpses for bits of armour, weapons and
>> magic charms to resell. Makes them merchants of a sort, but not a
>> follower of one of the major merchant deities. Probably more
>> at home among the Lunar camp followers than within WW where
>> the chances of meeting someone who recognised where an item
>> came from would be rather high and potentially dangerous.
>
>Works for me.
>They'd get on well with Oliver's Old Hand, wouldn't they?

They might be a bit too much even for him, although he'd pretend not to be bothered. I think this is one of those comforting Lunar illusions, everyone pretends not to know where these second hand items come from but the quantity is such that there's only one possible source.

Thinking about it there should probably be a daughter involved, either instead of or as well as the son. Historically most of these scavengers were women. And we really need a more appropriate name than Steptoe....

>Good point. Sean as he was in "Highlander", please. Because he was gorgeous.
>And because I like that character's sense of humour.
>Now, what character can we invent for him...? Humakti. Mercenary. Stays
>detached from all the squabbles, apparently finds them amusing. Gives the
>impression that he doesn't care who ends up winning the leadership contest
>as long as he gets paid. But this is only an impression, in fact his real
>loyalties are....? Fill in here, someone?

Another Humatki?

Mercenary certainly but doesn't the humour warrent something lighter - say Destor. Then it's easier for him to have loyalties to others, I would suggest someone obscure so it doesn't come to light easily. Or perhaps he's in love and supports them - say Broyan's girlfriend. Perhaps that's more a James Bond character though.

--
Donald Oddy
http://www.grove.demon.co.uk/