RE: The Actor Game

From: Jane Williams <janewilliams20_at_...>
Date: Fri, 14 May 2004 07:43:54 +0100

> >They'd get on well with Oliver's Old Hand, wouldn't they?
>
> They might be a bit too much even for him, although he'd
> pretend not to be bothered.

Sounds about right.

> Thinking about it there should probably be a daughter
> involved, either instead of or as well as the son.
> Historically most of these scavengers were women. And we
> really need a more appropriate name than Steptoe....

We do. In fact, it may well be a mother and daughter team. (There you go, "dissenting voices" - we've kept the idea and dropped the actors, OK?)

> >Good point. Sean as he was in "Highlander", please. Because he was
> >gorgeous. And because I like that character's sense of humour. Now,
> >what character can we invent for him...? Humakti. Mercenary. Stays
> >detached from all the squabbles, apparently finds them
> amusing. Gives
> >the impression that he doesn't care who ends up winning the
> leadership
> >contest as long as he gets paid. But this is only an impression, in
> >fact his real loyalties are....? Fill in here, someone?
>
> Another Humatki?

So far almost the only Humakti are the bunch from the Swords campaign: transplanted PCs. And they're only there at the start. Much as I like them, there *will* be more Humakti around, possibly more important ones.

> Mercenary certainly but doesn't the humour warrent something
> lighter

I was thinking of very grim humour, the sort that you wince at rather than laughing.

> - say Destor. Then it's easier for him to have
> loyalties to others, I would suggest someone obscure so it
> doesn't come to light easily.

Obscure or unexpected. Leave it for now, we may find him fitting into another plot somewhere.