Chickens

From: Sam Elliot <sam.elliot1_at_...>
Date: Wed, 26 May 2004 16:24:06 -0000

I note with interest that there are chickens a-plenty on the Plateau under normal circumstances. With the Lunar encirclement occuring in Sea Season (i.e. cereal crops planted but too early to harvest), presumably a priority for the defenders is to bring the chickens within the walls. Then, they become pretty important while they last.

What I propose is that in Whitewall, chickens come under the wings of a certain shaman, rather than as some subcult of Esrola which is presumably written up somewhere. Such a figure is easy to picture.

Now, chickens go back a long way in Whitewall, and are strongly linked with the Standing Water Clan. Thus, the shaman is taken in in Shambleshur, as are inumerable chickens, contributing to its air of squalor. Meanwhile, the nobler clans look on with envy at this source of eggs and fresh meat. Conflicts inevitably arise:

Chicken-rustling.
Deathdrake is asked to negotiate with the shaman. Shaman decides the best thing for his flock is to leave Whitewall - he must be stopped!
Moot to determine if the wisest is meat now or eggs later. Cute fluffy chick-broo-tribbles (of course). Some underworld chicken monopoly/racket which I can't quite get my head around.

Yes, No? Already been done (undoubtedly, somewhere)?

Sam.
p.s. Don't tell John or Stu.