Re: Steers

From: Simon Phipp <soltakss_at_...>
Date: Sat, 29 May 2004 21:01:28 +0100 (BST)

Chris Lemens:

> Still, if you call him a steer, people are going to
> make jokes about his manliness, start calling him
> Jake, threaten him with shears, claim to have found
> his cojones, that sort of thing.

Steer is an American word, in England it would be "bullock". Now, we have a unit in the Dragon Pass game which is called something Bullocks, so if they can be named after castrated cattle then you can easily have a person named similarly. By the way, from cowboy movies, I knew that a steer was some kind of cattle, but not necessarily that it was a bullock, so the name "Steer" need not have any implications.

Simon