Re: Introduction to Whitewall group

From: donald_at_...
Date: Tue, 15 Jun 2004 14:07:23 GMT

>Hi,
>
>My name is Simon Miller and I've been interested in wargaming within a Gloranthan
>setting for several years (I use the Hordes of the Things rules). I was
>attracted to this group because I'm currently modelling a Lunar Army in
>28mm scale based on the siege of Runegate, and there are obvious similarities
>(well one Very Large Crimson similarity in any case).
>
>I shall mostly lurk and try to work my way back through the previous postings,
>but I'd be interested in contributing to any discussions of which specific
>Lunar Units might have been present at Whitewall, and perhaps how they might
>have been equipped/uniformed.

Welcome Simon,

The current state of play regarding the Lunar army is what's on the Whitewall Wiki - http://www.eparsnip.f2s.com/phpwiki/index.php?FrontPage AFAIK that covers everything that's been discussed but if you find anything else please mention it.

As a general principle we've avoided producing a definitive list of units to make it easier for individual narrators to include in their campaigns. So far the exceptions are a band of Shargashi fanatics early on in the siege, some Tarsh hillmen, one of the Dara Happen phalanxes (not always the same one) and some unspecified Tarsh shieldwall regiments. There are pointers to sources for descriptions and illustrations on the Wiki.

Any particular ideas you have are very welcome.

--
Donald Oddy
http://www.grove.demon.co.uk/