Stonewall phalanxes

From: Roderick and Ellen Robertson <rjremr_at_...>
Date: Thu, 17 Jun 2004 09:17:41 -0700

> Yes, vexing that. can anyone give a quick precis of the missing page?
> <significant look at Donald> At least on the level of 'broadly in line
> with tales' or 'Gregs Nick to within an inch of his life'.

According to the original document that the web pages were based on (dated 1997),

"This unit resisted the Lunar Army and survived the battle until only the Granite and Quartz phalanxes remained, surrounded by Lunar foes. Both were offered quarter, but the Quartz phalanx refused and was destroyed. Granite Phalanx accepted the honorable terms, and to honor their new leaders, accepted the new uniforms and armaments of the Lunar Army (the other Stone phalanxes did not)."

Homeland is Melsekorth, Kostaddi.
Shield is a medium round, armor consists of musculed curraisse and plumed helmet (no mention of any sort of greaves). Weapons are a long spear and scimitar. Uniform is listed as: Red and white crest, red and white striped skirt, red shield with a yellow gryphon.

And for those that want history, the ten stonewall phalanxes are listed as: Basalt - destroyed by Emp. Anirnelm
Onyx - Swallowed whole by a dragon (no time credited, probably dragonkill) Slate - Destroyed by Cartavar the Conqueror, a Carmanian Quartz - destroyed by Lunars (see above). Diamond - 'crushed and mangled by the Mad Sultanate' Emeraldite - Destroyed by Sheng Seleris
The remaining, still-extant phalanxes are: Granite (see above)
Beryl - Breastplate, helm, greave on left leg (including metal boot cover), large shield.
Marble - cuirasse, greaves, helmet, large oval shield Jaspar - Cuirasse, one greave, one vambrace, large shield

The Formica Phalanx should be composed of ants (genus formicidae) or men 'descended' from ants, like the Myrmidons. (and in my research, I came upon a lovely word - Formicate: To swarm with ants (not to be confused with for*n*icate...)

RR
- Richelieu