RE: Trickster magic

From: Jane Williams <janewilliams20_at_...>
Date: Tue, 6 Jul 2004 07:20:40 +0100

> A Trickster inside a besieged fortress full of people who are
> straining to get along and forget century old feuds? Doesn't
> sound like a very good idea.

For plot-generation, it's a wonderful idea! Those on the receiving end may disagree. (Ask Insterid for her opinion, and stand well back). Though remember that the Trickster is essential to any fundamental change, so he may well have a use, long term and accidentally. Maybe they forget their differences to gang up on him?

> I suspect if he was there a lot
> he'd have to wear the same sort of rig Hannibal Lecter wore
> in the movies when he was in prison.

Yes, quite possibly. Not that I've seen the movies, but the rig as described in the book is about right.

> Or maybe Kallyr keeps him on a leash at her side at all times.

Yes. Or both.

May this is one reason why she tends to leave Whitewall for long periods?

> Maybe she doesn't get him until after Whitewall
> falls? Or maybe she just got him right before the rescue
> attempt in Jane's story?

Only if you want to stop the sequel/prequel from being written. It looks as if she bonded him in about 1612, and has known him even longer.