RE: Re: Trickster magic

From: Jane Williams <janewilliams20_at_...>
Date: Wed, 7 Jul 2004 22:39:30 +0100

> > >Perhaps a better route is to get a much lesser compensation and
> > >watch as Kallyr publicly humiliates Elusu as she beats the
> > crap out of him.
>
> Which she doesn't do very often, if only because Insterid or Offir
> usually get in first. More often, she's protecting him from them.

After considering this for a bit (and listening to the lot of them arguing), a couple of thoughts.

I suspect Kallyr would prefer *not* to have to "beat the crap" out of Elusu at all. She'll do if she has to, but that massive "loyal to followers" is there for a reason. She'll do it, hate doing it, and resent the people who forced her into it.

Which looks as if once you're in that position in the first place, there is no right answer. The best I can think of is to point out the problem and ask her to suggest a solution. She does pay her debts, so the result is likely to be generous. (And, if the Narrator has any sense, be along the lines of "here's an opportunity to get into the next scenario")

The other thought: if you really want to be as nasty to Elusu as you possibly can be, what's the worst thing you could do to him? Tell him that Kallyr's been hurt and it's his fault, and make him believe it. Yes, this does happen, quite often, he never intends it of course but it happens anyway. And when it does, he agrees with Insterid on the subject. The only difference is that she'd at least give him a clean death, and he doesn't even think he deserves that. Being a Trickster is *not* fun.