RE: Re: The Watchful House of Saint Gaspodi

From: Joerg Baumgartner <joe_at_...>
Date: Sun, 18 Jul 2004 18:16:19 +0200 (CEST)

>>Yeah, Sanuel switches sides, but I suspect he has to give up Whitewall.

> Do we know what happens to Whitewall after the siege?

Not a single bit, really - we have no idea whether the ramps remain on the walls, how much of the architecture got
smashed/etched/burned/thunderbolted, and whether anyone except for a small garrison force in the keep returned. After all, when Whitewall was taken, it grew dramatically cold...

> It's not exactly the most useful of places for any practical purposes
> and the magical attacks are going to have seriously damaged the city
> god. Rather than garrisoning it I can see the Lunars just making it
> uninhabitable and destroying its use as a fortress.

It might be interesting to have Whitewall as a rallying point for Lunar-friendly Heortlings from Volsaxar during the Fimbulwinter. Certain structures like the horse stables sound like good Ice Age survival niches, provided you have the food to sit it out.

> Your comments about a temple being there after the siege implies that
> the Lunars have found some reason to keep the city.

It still is a fortified place near a trade route (once the Fimbulwinter subsides), and if no official forces get stationed there then some highway robber gang would. I guess Sanuel knows this and will garrison the place for this reason. There are a couple of shrines like the Argan Argar marketplace which might return some commerce, too. It will be reminiscent of the Big Rubble, though.