Re: Re: Missing Bat

From: Alex Ferguson <abf_at_...>
Date: Wed, 28 Jul 2004 18:00:14 +0100

On Wed, Jul 28, 2004 at 02:00:45PM -0000, Rob wrote:
> The only real sticker is would Tatius really sacrafice the Bat on
> the Altar of his ambition? I'd have to say no. That kind of
> success for the rebellion is a bridge too far....

Well, there's a big, and by and large useful, difference between "writing up an idea" and "deciding what's so" -- especially when it comes to such grey areas such as motivation, and cock-up vs. conspiracy. (I keep trying to tell Stephen M. this -- you may judge for yourselves how successful I generally am.) In other words, I'm thinking this might be very cool to write up as a "rumour", rather than an "established fact"; that's the nicest on the human factors front when deciding whether to use it, or to ignore it; and if on the third tentacle, one wants to simply maintain an air of suspicion and intruige, one can leave it no more defined than that. ("What in all 5 Hells are the High Command up to!? I tell you, we'd be winning this war if we weren't hamstrung by those Namby-Pamby Wayists back in Glamour, talking about peace and love, rubbing black lotus dust between their toes, and waiting for the Orlanthi to start wearing devotional prayer beads all by themselves!")

Cheers,
Alex.