Re: And a missing HI regiment, too?

From: Joerg Baumgartner <joe_at_...>
Date: Wed, 28 Jul 2004 20:34:10 +0200 (CEST)

Alex Ferguson

> I hadn't noticed this until now on the Wiki, but Donald had a slide on
> it at C'uum which dragged me from my reverie...

> | 1. The initial encounters.
> |
> | <Joerg> Fazzur's initial skirmish with Broyan's host, surely? </Joerg>
> |
> | * New Moon General
> | * Light or Irregular Cavalry - half a regiment - 250
> | * Spearwall Infantry - understrength regiment - 700
> | * Light Infantry - regiment - 1000
> | * Irregular Infantry - several companies - 500
> |
> | Total: 2,450 troops

> Which in initial encounter is this, then?

Fazzur's advance elements should have a short brush with Broyan's forces - enough so that Broyan can claim some coup before holing up in Whitewall, or his tribal followers would likely desert. Nothing much of a battle, and well before Fazzur detaches Jorkandros.

> What period in the timeline?
> This doesn't sound to me like the initial "besieging" force, thrown
> around the city by Jorkandros, and including a regiment of HI
> (specifically a Stonewall, and maybe even specifically a given
> Stonewall -- though I do agree with the motivation for making this more
> "generic"), according to earlier prognostication.

That's not anywhere near Whitewall's fortifications. Probably northwest of the Fellmoor, Broyan retreating through obscure hill paths.

This makes me think how the mood in the Volsaxar tribes is going to be with their high king letting the Lunars roam freely, taking tribute as they like. How could Broyan prepare his own Volsaxi for this "Blood, Sweat and Tears" period? Did Bacofi Hroar claim Broyan's retreat as propaganda to pay back the Volsaxi for annexing Ramsleap and surrounding lands? Do the Curtali prepare another Vorda Hill? Who is left in charge to hand over Smithstone?