Re: Re: Missing Bat

From: Alex Ferguson <abf_at_...>
Date: Wed, 28 Jul 2004 19:42:29 +0100

On Wed, Jul 28, 2004 at 03:10:10PM +0000, donald_at_... wrote:
> That's the model I've been working to. However Tatius is so senior
> to Jorkandros from the point of view of social standing and political
> clout (he replaces Fazzur not Jorkandros when he's appointed) that
> he would be in defacto command even if Jorkandros was still formally
> in charge.

Why? If someone with no official authority, but more "clout" turns up, then given the ritualisation of matters such as army command, he's very unlikely to be in "de facto command". He'd be in theory and practice an annoyingly meddling political interference, but that's another matter (and is probably a day-to-day occupational hazard of the job, to the point of making it about thrice as difficult as the mere 'thwapping storm barbarians' aspect, mind you).

Cheers,
Alex.