Re: Re: Kallyr's banner

From: John Hughes <john.hughes_at_...>
Date: Mon, 02 Aug 2004 14:25:09 +1000

Endeavoring to catch up... :)

>Jane
>
> "The honour standard was of silver cloth, billowing in the storm-
>gust. Three red deer, a single star - Kallyr Starbrow's personal
>device!"
>
>I note that red deer are what one sacrifices to Vinga, and I'd guess
>that that star is a Rigsdal rune, or at least has the right number
>of points. No Sartar rune there, no Flame, no "family" connections.
>This is, as stated, personal.

Thanks for this Jane. This is old, and unofficial of course, but it does hold up kinda well.

I was amazed that the red deer from the Helden novella:

http://home.iprimus.com.au/pipnjim/questlines/helden.html

linked in with the official Vinga writeup, till I realised that I'd written both. Definitely a case of subconscious at work. Or of having forgotten far more than you know. :)

John

John Hughes
Centre for Aboriginal Economic Policy Research Hanna Neumann Building 21
The Australian National University
Canberra ACT 0200 Australia
T: +61 2 6125 0649
F: +61 2 6125 9730