RE: Orlanthi gates

From: Joerg Baumgartner <joe_at_...>
Date: Mon, 2 Aug 2004 09:50:21 +0200 (CEST)

donald_at_...
> I envisage that gate to be like a medieval fortress gate - great thick
> planks of wood fastened together with huge metal nails. Metal's copper
> rather than iron though as befits the earth magic used to strengthen
> the gate.

Seconded.

> Followers of Orstan the carpenter can have the
> secret awaken wood which creates a daimon to protect from damage but
> it looks as if Tarkalor got someone from outside when he was building
> it - dwarves?

Not dwarves. Tarkalor's daddy pissed them off when using dwarven technology for the Boldhome Orlanth temple, and Tarkalor's son Terasarin gets caught by the Moonbeam when he chased the presumed dwarven abductors of his granddaughter into the Bush Range. Given the holy nature of Whitewall, another point against dwarven aid, with the only point for Tarkalor being his role as King of Dragon Pass who just might get one instance of aid.