Re: Possible use of Greek Titles within the Lunar Army

From: Stewart Stansfield <stu_stansfield_at_...>
Date: Mon, 02 Aug 2004 20:38:32 -0000

Simon:
> (i.e polemarch, tetrarch), I'd probably prefer to use the correct
historical
> term or a made up one.

If it helps, Simon, consider that the root of Polemarch is Polaris, the Pole Star, the celestial god of war and favourite of Pelorian staff colleges. I have no idea if it is correct or not, but it sounds as fair a reason as any.

Kastarch naturally (well, I *guess so*) comes from the hero Kastok/Kastokum/Kastokus, the cavalry commander that 'beat the Pentans at their own game.

I believe (where is my ILH-1?!) that Tetrarch is army commander. So that will derive from the time of Elmexdros, when there were four Dara Happan armies: the Central, Northern, Southern and Imperial Field Armies, and a three-star general will have been one tetrarch in the 'tetrarchy' of commanders.

Best,

Stu.