RE: Re: Mile-throw javelins

From: Joerg Baumgartner <joe_at_...>
Date: Mon, 23 Aug 2004 09:28:19 +0200 (CEST)

Jane Williams

> So - just curious here - who's left in the "party" that thinks a mile is
> a mile is a mile and uses Vingans as surveying equipment but not as
> artillery?

As a person not subjected to Imperial Measures, my feeling for one mile ranges between 1.5 km (Roman Mile) via Imperial Mile, Nautical Mile (1.8something km), Geographical Mile (6.5... km) to Svenska Mil (10 km flat). Not to mention various national standards during the 18th and earlier centuries. Now what kind of mile were we talking about?

Are we taking in elevation differences?

And what happens if a javelin is thrown a mile up in the air? Reading the rules literally, it will stay there. Good aerial defense mechanic, that... ;)