ADMIN: Taking Stock, Moving Forward

From: John Hughes <john.hughes_at_...>
Date: Wed, 25 Aug 2004 11:23:26 +1000

Hi folks

I've been pretty quiet on list since the major effort for Tentacles - just part of the tides and cycles of life - but have been following discussions and checking the Wiki whenever I can.

I've been working on some Whitewall background articles, and am waiting for the release of the new Issaries Publishing policy to see what the next step will be regarding them.

If I can wax teleological for a moment, can I ask folk to consider what we've discussed and produced on this list, and what, if anything, we should be doing next. In particular, and in a spirit of creative fun:

Are there major gaps in the Whitewall story?

Are there major gaps in character and dramatic groupings?

Are there other areas that require systematic exploration?

Is it time to compile lists of participating (PC) heroes from particular backgrounds by inviting the wider lists to name participants from their campaigns.

I'd be particularly interested in hearing suggestions, wild ideas, or lists of lists about future possibilities for discussion.

One idea I'd like to float is that we perhaps begin to focus on siege events, either chronologically - one season per fortnight or something similar, beginning with the invasion of Heortland, thematically - a particular battle, event or ritual, or dramatically, tracing out a particular hero/romantic/vengeance arc. We could discuss them systematically, and analytically, embroider the basic events with personal observations and pc type interludes and adventure seeds, and add further story ideas and complications. It might even be a chance to run a 'campaign' of sorts, with representative hero band or unit diaries for each season.

What would be most fun for *you*?

Awaiting the usual flood :)

Cheers

John