Re: Story Seeds/Scenario Ideas

From: Jane Williams <janewilliams20_at_...>
Date: Thu, 02 Sep 2004 06:54:39 -0000

 "Rob" wrote:

> I have just got a bunch of players into Whitewall in time for the
> Bat. Has anyone played it out in their game who might be able to
> give me few staging tips and suggestions.
>
> Also, assuming they survive, any ideas for scenarios/story seeds
> before packing them off on their Blue Arrow calling missions.

And all we gave you so far was the Defender Wind one, right?

A couple more ideas sprang up this morning, for roughly the same period. "The Bat is coming! Now what?"

I seem to remember that in our time-line, many people adopt a sensible and reasonable approach to this. "Run away!" Panic. Riots. How would your (non-panicing) PCs like to be drafted as peacekeepers ? Stopping small children being trampled underfoot, that sort of thing? Yes, it's only the seed of an idea so far, but the list seems to be devoid of even that at present :(

Idea 2: the next reaction to it. "The Bat's coming, and it's all *his* fault!" Pick a scapegoat. Any scapegoat. Rationality of choice is not required. Anyone the least bit "different". Someone who's obviously innocent, for the PCs to protect? Someone obviously shifty, for them to capture and question (yes, Bat, fine, but what *else* has he done?) Maybe the scapegoat is one of the PCs? If you want complete Kallyr-mania in your plot-line, there's a handy Trickster to blame/lynch, and for all I know it *is* his fault. ("Escape Pursuit 10W" and "Trickster Magic 4W" should stop them accidentally wrecking Future History by killing him, but the PCs don't know that).