RE: Re: Lunars in Orlanthi HQs

From: Jane Williams <janewilliams20_at_...>
Date: Wed, 22 Sep 2004 18:38:01 +0100

> [Theogenes]
> Trying to persuade him to repeat something
> that worked will probably be difficult.

Sounds like fun!

> As to how it works it's something to do with using essences to
> force gods, daimons and spirits out of the mortal world.

Nice idea!

> So he's probably not going to be encountered on the god
> plane, but when heroquesters try and bring the benefits back
> to the mortal world they encounter unexpected opposition.

So we're going to get people trapped on the hero-plane and needing rescue. Sounds great!

Do you think he could be "sucked into" HQs as the opposition? If so, how would he react? Research opportunity?

> I hadn't thought of this but it fits....and also explains the
> Windstop - it's one of his research projects. He manages to
> force Orlanth out of the mortal world, at least for a time.
> That's why no one thought about the consequences, he was the
> only person who really understood what was he was trying to
> do and he was focussed on "Can I really do this with a major god?"

I believe we were working on the theory that at least some of the Orlanthi *did* understand what was going on, and were prepared to take that result and escalate from it.