Re: 1619 - the warband now arriving at platform 3...

From: Jane Williams <janewilliams20_at_...>
Date: Mon, 27 Sep 2004 12:23:50 +0100 (BST)

> I suspect this is partially because I haven't
> updated the wiki timeline to
> reflect the latest changes.
>
> The latest version of the timeline (rejigged to take
> account of the Kultain
> uprising) is in the Files area of this group.

Ah... I never even looked in the Files area. I think of the Wiki as the "master" these days.

> I personally hadn't considered Kallyr being in
> Whitewall when the seige began.

My only reason to have her there is that she's specifically mentioned as leaving. It's the combination in that line: siege starts, Kallyr leaves: that struck me.

> My initial thought is that as an invasion
> became apparent, with the
> the Kultain in revolt and Lunar armies massing at
> the border, Kallyr would have better places to be.

And therefore she left? I don't see her just abandoning Broyan, even though that phrasing looks like it.

> What *was* KS up to as the moon turned blood red?
> What did she do in those first weeks of the
invasion?

I know next to nothing about the Kultain as yet - will have to read up and see if I think they're relevant to her.

My guess would be that she got out before the siege closed down hard enough to stop her, and started doing things about ambushing Lunar supply trains, and perhaps more importantly, starting some gathering of troops from the Quivini area to come and help. Pre-Blue Arrow stuff.

If we have Humakti present for that Shargashi thing, *someone* contacted them and hired them. And Humakti in those (starting) quantities require large amounts of money and/or influence. That could have been any of the major leaders, of course, but the timing is right.

My other thought is that from 1613 till 1619, she's been using Whitewall as a base to cause trouble in Sartar. From Broyan's POV, the Lunars are less likely to move south against him if Sartar is still giving them trouble, so this is fine: he's effectively using Sartar as a buffer/distraction.

In 1619 it goes the other way round. All the troops move down to Heortland, stripped out of Sartar. So opportunities there open up, and Kallyr goes back home to take advantage of them.

> Besides throw tantrum and the odd mile javelin
> of course.

I think by 1619 she's more or less grown out of the (public) tantrums. Plenty of them in 1613, but it's been a while. And sorry, forget the mile javelins, too. Search her stats for a missile combat skill :(

Jane Williams