Re: Re: 1619 - the first few weeks

From: Light Castle <light_castle_at_...>
Date: Tue, 28 Sep 2004 17:19:03 -0400

On 27 Sep 2004 at 20:02, Jane Williams wrote:

> And now I've started thinking about it - go back to when the Lunars
> first decide to take Whitewall by siege. What's the first the
> Orlanthi know about it? And how? And what do they do about it?

They fist know about it when Broyan loses on the battlefield and retreats there. It wasn't a seige of Whitewall, the goal was Karse. When the army gets harassed by a gang that holes up in the wall, Fazzur sends a side force to keep them out of his hair.

The irony is that this side seige ends up being the big one. (that's my reading on it, anyway. I don't think they figured out Whitewall could lead to killing Orlanth until later, to read the Wiki.)

> This sounds like another opportunity for PCs to provide vital
> information. Or stop the Orlanthi getting it.

Indeed.

> How much of a "standing army" is there in Whitewall, pre-siege? How
> much do they need to hold off the initial attack, how fast can they
> get it there?

Isn't it just whoever survived the intitial clash? I wonder if he didn't get a bunch of reinforcements from fighters who abandoned Smithstone and Karse. (Although most who abandoned Karse seem to be not Orlanthi and may not have headed North.)

LC