RE: Re: 1619 - the first few weeks

From: Jeff Richard <richj_at_...>
Date: Wed, 29 Sep 2004 13:07:34 -0700

> IMG there is no Heortling high command at Whitewall. In fact IMG
> Broyan doesn't rule via a ring - he is almost like a feudal King -
>hence I guess the term High King. Kallyr acts as a special adviser
> and great friend. Queen Beti is kind of staying in Whitewall as an
> honoured guest, providing excellent muscle when needed. I also have
> Gyffur there - he is generally seen as a bit of a loon. He comes
> across a bit stormbullish and people tread carefully around him.

Hmmm. This sounds like a "high command". Clearly, there is someone in overall charge at Whitewall - King Broyan. The King has his sworn men and supporters who back up his authority and power. Beyond, that there are the various tribal kings, chieftains and thanes present - complete with their own bands of sworn men and supporters.

> >Have you decided where they come from in the first place? Is this purely a
> >"Sartar Occupation Force" endeavour, or do we pull in units from Tarsh (or
> >farther away yet)? There will probably be some sort of mustering point to
> >gather the scattered "Occupation Force" units, so squads and companies will
> >first make their way to (a) central location(s), then from there march down
> >to Heortland. Being Lunars, they'll most likely use the existing roads,
> >rather than going overland (as much as possible, anyway...). >

Sometime back, irc, Martin posted something about the Lunar troops present in Dragon Pass at the time.

> I think its clear that WW is not supposed to be that much of a
> problem. IMG Broyan was about to clear out before my players turned
> up with a message from Minaryth saying that they must hold on as he
> suspects that WW has ritual significance. I can;t honestly see any
> other reason why they would all stay and risk the life of the
> rebellion otherwise.

Personally, I doubt that Broyan would need a message from Minaryth to defend Whitewall. WW is (1) impregnable, (2) sacred, (3) the "place" of Hendreik and the Hendreiki, (4) a thorn in the side of any Lunar attempts to conquer and occupy Heortland.

Jeff