RE: Re: 1619 - the first few weeks

From: donald_at_...
Date: Wed, 29 Sep 2004 23:20:19 GMT

In message <7434365B6A44284B854296835B89C6E735B500_at_...> "Jeff Richard" writes:

> > I think its clear that WW is not supposed to be that much of a
> > problem. IMG Broyan was about to clear out before my players turned
> > up with a message from Minaryth saying that they must hold on as he
> > suspects that WW has ritual significance. I can;t honestly see any
> > other reason why they would all stay and risk the life of the
> > rebellion otherwise.
>
>Personally, I doubt that Broyan would need a message from Minaryth to
>defend Whitewall. WW is (1) impregnable, (2) sacred, (3) the "place" of
>Hendreik and the Hendreiki, (4) a thorn in the side of any Lunar
>attempts to conquer and occupy Heortland.

Apart from staying to defend WW what choice has Broyan got? He and several hundred followers have just fought a Lunar invasion force. If they surrender the Lunars will probably enslave them, if they try and go back to their clans and steads they'll probably be hunted down and forced to fight at a disadvantage to defend their families. After all the Lunar army may well get defeated further on and WW is nice and near their main supply route.

--
Donald Oddy
http://www.grove.demon.co.uk/