RE: Re: 1619 - the first few weeks

From: Jane Williams <janewilliams20_at_...>
Date: Thu, 30 Sep 2004 08:16:05 +0100

> Nah, if the army's involved we're past the conversion stage.
> Conversion's already been tried and failed so now the army's
> involved. Their job is to defend the Empire, in this case by
> defeating some of its enemies who are a clear and present
> danger. I don't think the Lunar army's any more subtle in
> this way than any other army.

That being said, I agree that the Lunars would look at the 300-odd troops in WW (the ones they've just chased there), their own 1000s of troops, and offer the chance to surrender in the forlorn hope that the barbarians would be sane enough to take it. What have they got to lose by making the offer?

And as Rob says, it makes for good role-play opportunity.