Re: Re: 1619 - the first few weeks

From: Joerg Baumgartner <joe_at_...>
Date: Thu, 30 Sep 2004 14:28:05 +0200 (CEST)

Rob

> Joerg said:

>> > When the Bat gets blatted and his family's wealth and name >> > is on the line he politiks and manages to get command himself.

>> I may be suffering from sleep depriviation, but IIRC a recent
>> contribution of Greg stated something like "Tatius doesn't really
>> know what he is doing".

> But without referring to sources Tatius is I think we all agree a
> major, major player in the Lunar empire, coming from one of the
> great Dara Happan families.

If I read Greg correctly, "well connected in the Upmost Layers of the Empire" is his first and foremost ability, rather than "Lunar super-magician".

> I would say though that reading bits of
> OiD regarding the RM temple kind of paint the picture that this was
> all part of the lunar game plan. Their overall plan to *kill*
> Orlanth.

Kill him for good, too.

> During the BAtblat when the players took to the sky
> leaving the BAt to run amok, Orlanth (as Ohorlanth) appeard above
> WW. A huge gout of lightning struck the Bat which exploded in a
> brilliant red flash that blinded everyone momentarily. When they
> could see again, in the clear parts of the sky they though, or
> fancied they saw dark lines in the sky akin to a web which faded.
> One player cried 'The web of Arachne Solara!!' I'm not sure what
> his character actually would have thought. Kallyr and the players
> are unhappy amid the celebrations thinking that something
> significant has happened with the appearance of Ohorlanth at that
> moment. IMG that is that Orlanth was brought there by the Lunar
> rituals - kind of suckered into the Lunar Heroquest ritual so that
> they could kill him. How much individual characters know is open to
> debate and personnal taste.

Of course. And since you describe your game, you are setting out the villains and their knowledge, ambitions, and weaknesses.

> Does Tatius realise whats going on? I think so.

At least both of us agree that Tatius thinks so...

> Gregged? Could be - but this is one of those things that
> unless Greg publishes exactly what is going on then none of us will
> know. I mean if you had reached 1623 in your game when OiD came out
> then you miss the fimbulwainter and all that. I only volunteer what
> I have done in my game currently which is set in WW at the moment
> mainly due to all the fine work on here and the Wiki. For example
> discovering tonight that Beneva Chan is in WW is fabulous for my
> game.

And thank you for sharing your experiences, too.

Maybe we should organize something like a referees' corner where one can ask questions like: "I need a major figure in the rebellion at odds with Kallyr but friendly with ..., who do you think fits that bill best?" where everybody can submit already detailed or just made up candidates for the referee to pick from.