RE: Re: 1619 - the first few weeks

From: Jane Williams <janewilliams20_at_...>
Date: Thu, 30 Sep 2004 21:58:29 +0100

> > > IMG that is that Orlanth was brought there by the Lunar
> rituals -
> > > kind of suckered into the Lunar Heroquest ritual so
> that
> > > they could kill him.
> >
> > Nice idea, but this sounds like a "summons of evil" and I believe
> it's
> > quite important that that's an exclusively Orlanthi deal.
>
> Oh yeah, ooops! But doesn't the current thinking say that Orlanth
> appears at the end?

Yes, but brought there by the Orlanthi (not sure if they meant to or not), not the Lunars.

I like the idea of a God being dragged into a HQ just like any two-bit HQer, but suspect it can't be done. I mean, he isn't exactly playing a role, is he?

> Also, by doing so it would be in contravention
> of the Geneva Con...erm, I mean the Compromise. Wouldn't it?

Looks that way to me. But then the Compromise gets broken at the end of the Battle of Iceland, if you remember. We're just doing it a couple of years early.