Saga write up from our campaign

From: Rob <robert_m_davis_at_...>
Date: Sat, 02 Oct 2004 19:07:13 -0000

here is the bit in my game when Jorkandros made his offer,

It was none other than Jorkandros Blinder, commander of the siege of Whitewall, whom the heroes had seen in procession through Jonstown. Jorkandros hailed from a well-placed noble family in the heartlands and was a true Yelmite - encased in proud a golden plate cuirass and all the fine regalia of the Dara Happan Heartlands. King Broyan went forth to hear what Jorkandros would say. It needs here be said that King Broyan is a true worshipper and son of Vingkot and has no love for the Dara Happans, but he would hear the sun mans words. Thus Jorkandros addressed the King, `Hail and well met High King Broyan! May the sun shine upon you and Her blessings bring peace to your heart!'

`Get on with it. I have no time for honeyed words with such as
you!' shouted Broyan from the gatehouse.

`High King Broyan, the emperor seeks the friendship of the
Heortlings, as loyal subjects of the empire.' Began Jorkandros, Broyan snorted.

Jorkandros continued `we wish you to surrender to us; here are the terms. The High King will acknowledge the Red Emperor as his liege lord, collect the emperors taxes and shall have leave to govern his own affairs in the name of the emperor. He will be appointed a royal advisor and a regiment of the Heartland Corps, the Jintori and a company of Thunder Delta Slingers shall be garrisoned at Whitewall. The Temple to Orlanth shall be closed and all worship of the rebel god Orlanth shall be outlawed. Converts to the Seven Mothers will be exempt all taxes for a year and half taxes after that. If you accede to these terms then you shall live and prosper in her light. If in folly you reject these terms your fate shall be the left to the Crimson Bat. Come King Broyan – what say you?'

All eyes were upon the King, because of his famous temper. `Return to me at Yelm-rest sunman and you shall have you answer!' said King Broyan.

`Very well then, High King but think thee well on these matters and
save thy people a terrible fate.' Replied Jorkandros and turned his horse, a Jillaran racer and spurred it toward the camp. The High King called a council immediately and left the gatehouse.

The Jintori are from the boardgame Dragon Pass from the Heartland Corps. I figure that they are Jorkandors' unit - a bit like a command purchased like in the Sharpe books by Bearnard COrnwell. They are not one of the *big hitters* but have the combat effectiveness equal to the entire Colymar Tribe warbands including Fyrd. The Thunder Delta Slingers need no introduction. I suspect the Royal Advisor means him!

We played this out and the PC's rejected it out of hand.

Regards
Rob