Re: Runaway peasants

From: Roderick and Ellen Robertson <rjremr_at_...>
Date: Mon, 4 Oct 2004 09:04:22 -0700

> > Joerg beat me to it. Some Wenelian or Ralian followers sounds
> > close.
>
> I remember them from the Glorantha boxed set, but haven't met them
> since. Where do I look for current keywords and so on?

Tradetalk #10. Not yet official, but written by Jeff Kyer, who's doing the Trader Princes for issaries, so probably pretty close.

> > Also remember
> > that if he was indeed running the show at Knight Fort for
> > awhile, he could have some
> > Praxians who ended up on his side. (Although that's something
> > of a stretch.)
>
> Praxians... Downtrodden peasants.... Not quite, I suspect. Nice idea,
> though, I'm sure I can use trhem somewhere else.

Use Oasis Folk instead of beast riders for the down-trodden peasant-y feel.

Generally, a Peasant Keyword would have stuff like "Do [job]" (split that into as many abilities as you need), "Stay away from superiors", "Know own place in society (the bottom)", "dodge blow", "Subservient", etc. Unless the heroes are going to be using the keyword, though, I'd just use it as a shorthand - "Peasant 17" and use it for everything from the old lady yelling about being repressed in "Monty Python and the Holy Grail" to Baldric and his Cunning plans to solid "salt of the earth" hardworking peasants.

RR
- Richelieu