Re: Cosmic Compromise

From: John Hughes <john.hughes_at_...>
Date: Tue, 05 Oct 2004 15:49:29 +1000

>So Orlanth can manifest to defeat the Crimson Bat, since he had already
>done so by defeating Artia. But Orlanth can't be killed without the
>agreement between the gods fraying. The Compromise is what ended the
>Gods War and kept the world from being destroyed by the Chaos Age. By
>killing Orlanth, the Lunars have brought back the Darkness - which is
>exactly what the Emperor planned.

I certainly agree with the general thrust of this. I have a suspicion, no more than an intuition, that the barriers began breaking down when the Seven Winds - Primal Air - manifested in defence against the Bat when Helemakt the Last Storm failed to thwart its advance upon the city. It's also when Orlanth 'trapped' himself within the city, and the mythic murder mayhem began in earnest.

But Jeff suggests that the precedent of Orlanth's fighting Artia (the enemy Bat Planet/Moon Goddess) gives the Big O. a legit defence here.

Jeff, can you elaborate on this please?

Cheers

John