RE: Re: Cosmic Compromise

From: Jeff Richard <richj_at_...>
Date: Wed, 6 Oct 2004 13:40:51 -0700

> > (who summoned the Bat through their rituals).
> I disagree generally with this statement, Not IMG but YGMV.

I am certain that the Heortling defenders performed the Summons of Evil as part of their ritual preparation - remember, this battle is a Third Age echo of the First Age Battle of the Verge. The Lunars had their own reasons for sending in the Bat - but it was also summoned by the Heortlings.

> > - but the manner of
> > its defeat created an opportunity to perform the Let's Kill
> > Orlanth ritual.
> No, I think closing the last Orlanth temple in the last city of the
> Orlanthi was good enough. Remember, the *last city* of the Orlanthi
> would be I guess the last city within the radius of effect of the RM
> temple.

At the time of the Fimbulwinter there is no RM temple in Sartar. More importantly, the "last city" of Orlanth just isn't that important to Orlanth - and I think the Emperor knows that (if not his Syllilan and Tarshite experts do).

Jeff