Re: Summons of Evil _at_ WW Poll

From: Charles Corrigan <charles_at_...>
Date: Sat, 09 Oct 2004 16:02:08 -0000

> And can you see any sense in the
> idea that they deliberately summoned
> the Bat, not just generic Evil?

I can't imagine anyone summoning the Bat as an opponent unless they had a great plan that was abolutely certain to get the desired result (i.e. killing it). And at this point in the siege, with all of the hard lessons of unity ahead of them, I cannot see how they could put together a convincing plan.

It is only after Orlanth is summoned as part of the defense against the Bat that Theogenes Aristotle and Tatius hatch the plan to specifically kill Orlanth as part of the greater ritual of creating the new Temple of the Reaching Moon. And then Minaryth Purple (or another thinker) begins to realise the full import of what just happened. I see Broyan and Kallyr being "men-of-action" not deep thinkers.

regards,
Charles