RE: Re: Bat-detection range

From: Jane Williams <janewilliams20_at_...>
Date: Sun, 10 Oct 2004 08:58:34 +0100

> My feeling is that there is synchronicity, not causality. If
> anything, it is the premonition caused by the bat leaving the moon
> that causes Broyan to perform the Summons of Evil.

Yes. As well. What I'm trying to visualise here is a sort of two-way causality. The Bat being sent caused the SoE, and the SoE caused the Bat to be sent. Is that what you mean by "synchronicity"?

And no doubt other factors were in there as well, that we don't (yet) know anything about. When the web of Fate starts getting tangled, all sorts of threads get attracted to the knot. When you can see unrelated threads moving, it's called Omens, and people on the look-out for these things start to get twitchy, and taking precautions. (Don't knock it. That's how I got my present job.)

> On several
> different occasions, Greg has mentioned that people can often
> feel/detect the approach of someone or something of sufficient
> power - though why this did not help at Runegate I do not know...

Perhaps because the Bat at Runegate wasn't a knot in the web of fate, it was "just" a military manoevre?

In terms of physically seeing it coming, I suspect we go back to my earlier point - they didn't know it was aimed at them.