Bat deployment

From: Jane Williams <janewilliams20_at_...>
Date: Sun, 10 Oct 2004 23:35:38 +0100

> At Boldhome
> >the bat is destroyed (not just defeated) by the dragon. That
> gives the
> >Cult of the Bat 19 years to Reassemble/Resummon it. I don't think it
> >was anywhere near Sartar until it gets sent to Whitewall.

>... I'd be more
> inclined to think it took less time than that to resummon it

We do have the Bat Stats over on the Wiki.

http://www.eparsnip.f2s.com/phpwiki/index.php?BatStat

Checking:

"Without the specialized control magics the Bat will revert to its wild state. It may run amok in the countryside, fly away from the battle in a straight line until it reaches the end of the earth, or fly straight home to the Moon. In any event it passes back to the God Plane after it's run. The Priesthood must perform long and intricate rituals to regain control of the bat, requiring three to seven years to complete."

I'm not aware of any other documented Bat-visits in other areas of Glorantha during this period, but then I wouldn't be. Anyone else?