Where does everyone live?

From: Jane Williams <janewilliams20_at_...>
Date: Fri, 22 Oct 2004 13:48:13 -0000

We seem to have a nice description of the city layout in the Wiki, complete with which clan is where. We also have a list of the various Orlanthi bands and heroes present. Unfortunately, there doesn't seem to be any corrolation between the two, with the exception of Broyan himself. He lives in the Citadel, in the King's Hearth, as do his immediate followers (and presumably his wife).

Any ideas on who's where?

To some extent this will depend on how the place has been used and occupied over the last few years - we know Kallyr came here right back in 1613, for instance, and Leika I believe in 1615-ish. Where did they move into then? How many people were with them then, and needign accomodation? How have things altered now?

My guess (and it's only a guess) would be that the Citadel contains more than just the Kings Hall and Kings Hearth, and that that general area is where important leaders live. Large associated warbands are probably housed in the main city, as otherwise they just aren't going to fit.

I can tell you that Kallyr, given a choice, will have gone for somewhere with a good view. Anyone with two masteries of Vigilance affinity will like to be able to see out. I don't know the other leaders well enough to know their preferences - anyone else?

Rob, how did you handle this? I get the feeling from your campaign writeups that most of the main leaders are within an enlarged Kings Hearth/Hall building? The PC group seem to have one of those marble longhouses to themselves, nearby?

Also, who *controls* who stays where? Scathach? Better not get on the wrong side of her, then. But she's only been Broyan's wife for a few years at most - who made those decisions before that? And how many of them are things she'd like to change if she could? (Kallyr's vanished for another season? fine, while she's away we'll just move her out to Shambleshur, we need the space...)