Re: backup of wiki? - Tim, are you there?

From: Charles Corrigan <charles_at_...>
Date: Fri, 12 Nov 2004 08:48:34 -0000

I will look into it - but either one is probably well beyond my capabilities :-(

> >> Most importantly, it has user
> >> authorisation that can be set up to let people read without
> >> authentication but require a user id and password to edit
> >> pages. There is still some work to be done in this area...
>
> > No indication on the pages as to how one registers?
>
> Also, if possible there ought to be a few areas (like Sandbox or
> guestbook) where unregistered visitors can leave their marks.

I do not think this will be easy.

> Without a valid ID, it is hard to say anything
> about the interactive editing tool...

If you attempt to sign in and enter a user id and password, these will be stored in the database (the password is encrypted, not plaintext). I can then use mysql tools to flip the flag to enable the new account. I hope that towards the end of next week (or earlier) to have created the administration function...

regards,
Charle