RE: Re: Additional cross linking, content updates, duplicated info

From: Joerg Baumgartner <joe_at_...>
Date: Mon, 13 Dec 2004 09:05:57 +0100 (CET)

Jane Williams

>> > One important question that I would like answered - should we use >> > Curtali or Kurtali? :-)

>> Wasn't the first the tribe and the second the Night Jumpers' clan?

> But if they're pronounced the same way, and this isn't a literate
> culture....? Same name, surely?

I can imagine slightly different uses of K and C (in a k-like role) even in European languages. Heortling might have different ways, too.

Not sure whether I discussed this here, when talking about DP:LoT, or with Stephen Martin about the database. Fact is that the official sources use either spelling, and in slightly different context. Feel free to ignore that, but if a text is "compliant", no need to change that, IMO.