Firewood?

From: Jane Williams <janewilliams20_at_...>
Date: Tue, 01 Mar 2005 07:38:11 -0000

It just occurred to me - what do they use for heating and cooking in Whitewall? We were discussing the size of a woodpile required to keep a stead going on one of the other lists, and I then tried to visualise getting that quantity of fuel past a siege. Tricky.

Do they burn wood? Do they cut peat on the Fellmoor? Is there a coalmine underneath? Do they deal with two problems at once and dry the dung from the horses? (not enough of it, surely, and how would you dry it?) Hot springs (won't roast a joint, though)? Natural gas, and pipes? "It's magic"?

And what happens to all those lovely white marble buildings when you have smokey fires going inside them?