RE: Re: Firewood?

From: Jane Williams <janewilliams20_at_...>
Date: Tue, 1 Mar 2005 20:34:35 -0000

Wood:
> Easy enough to do for Dark season of 1619, much trickier for
> 1620 if there's any left after both sides have been foraging
> for a year.

It would have to come in from further afield, in both cases. And I still think smuggling high volume goods such as firewood through the siege will be tricky.

> If the siege had lasted into Dark season of 1621 I reckon the
> defenders would have frozen to death.

Instead, they moved into Ice Refuge. Hmm. I wonder if that's a deliberate parallel?

> How do you see the Orlanthi preventing the Lunars taking or
> destroying all these peat stacks?

To start with, they ignore them, because they've got no idea what they are. Later.... I can feel the Battle of Thorgrad's Peat coming on.

Someone suggested a few messages back that there are hidden cellars full of charcoal, along with the granaries. I like. Please can we have a breed of black alynxes that live there? We *need* black cats in our coal cellar, they'll bring us luck!