Re: IMOG

From: Steve Honey <drfegg_at_...>
Date: Wed, 02 Mar 2005 20:20:48 -0000

> Of course, if RW chemistry doesn't allow it, but we
> want it anyway, we just shrug and ignore chemistry :)

No problem with that to a certain level, no Mostali Cold Fusion. It's just an obsevation that I can't recall seeing peat bogs on Dartmoor. I remember large bogs capped with thick sphagnum moss mats. Real fun to bounce on...until you go through...up to your waist...10 miles from the car.

> > However bog-iron is formed in
> > the Fen (not strictly possible but then again giant
> > chaos bats aren't either...)
>
> It makes a good story. We need a mythic reason, not
> chemistry. RW science is for inspiration, not a
> constraint.

Yea bog iron just seems sooo cool there must be a mythic reason for it but I can't think why. In the RW it's formed from mineral run off and the iron being produced by bacteria removing the oxygen from rust for respiration. It was harvested about once every generation. I'll eat cheese and cold pizza tonight and see what dreamtime brings! Steve

http://uk.messenger.yahoo.com