Re: Bog Iron: I had a dream

From: Oliver D. Bernuetz <bernuetz_at_...>
Date: Thu, 03 Mar 2005 20:00:13 -0000

I don't see why not. I suppose it all depends on whether iron is a naturally occuring thing or just something the Mostali created. It's is mined by humans in the West so it could very well be a natural thing as well. Another possible problem is how real is the distinction between plants and elves. If iron is poison to elves is it also poison to plants? Is iron poison to all darkness creatures or just Uz?

It occurs to me that the source here could also be a meteorite of iron fallen from the skies. A relic of some old war in the sky. Maybe that's enough possible explanations though.

I think your myth could work.

Oliver