Re: Re: Why the Iron is in the Bog (an idea)

From: Jane Williams <janewilliams20_at_...>
Date: Fri, 4 Mar 2005 20:34:22 +0000 (GMT)

> All I'm trying to do is come up with ideas which get
> PCs involved,
> something other than raiding camps, watching walls
> or running blockades.

Good idea. The more variation the better.

> Bog men are a must

yes!

> and the idea of the Uz using enlo
> to go diving and losing some in my original post was
> just a cheap way of getting them there.

But the Uz *would* do that. In fact, could this be done with Uz PCs?

> An enormous iron spearhead made from from a spark
> from Orlanth's
> weapons/armour IMO seems like a reasonable way for
> non HQ superbowl
> contenders to do harm to the Bat

A few problems of delivery, though? You'd need a giant harpoon, or something. I wonder where you could get the plans for one of those?

Just iron arrow heads, normal size, would be hugely useful at WW, I would have thought. Or javelin tips.

> Also the irony of the Lunar's big gun being zapped
> by a fragment left
> from a previous scrap of Orlanth's appeals to me
> (poetic justice and all that).

Yes!

> Unless the concensus is, this is not workable. In
> which case I'll start thinking about something else
:)

By all means think about something else - as well.

My only concern is that if Kallyr gets to hear about this idea I'll have *another* story I don't have time to write. At present she seems to be busy raiding camps, watching walls and running blockades, and I'd rather leave her there.

Jane Williams