Re: Re: Issaries publishing policy and the Whitewall wiki

From: Joerg Baumgartner <joe_at_...>
Date: Mon, 21 Mar 2005 16:28:53 +0100 (CET)

Jane Williams
>>> From what's being said on the list above, it looks
>>> like its only new stuff that needs to get
>>> approval? It isn't exactly clear, though - and how
>>> can you get approval for what is by definition a
>>> continually changing site?

>> My understanding is a once-off approval for a fan
>> site, but I am not a lawyer and I have >> no special inside advice.

> Could be worth asking directly. I wonder if the Wiki,
> as a continually changing thing with multiple
> contributors, is better treated as a mailing list
> rather than a web-site?

The text has some mention of forums, which is about the closest approximation to the combination of wiki and list.

> I'm going to be asking for approval for my own site
> section by section, as some bits are almost entirely
> collections of quotes of published material,

You'd have to split the quotes over several pages, or get a pro license, if I understand the license correctly. My database project is even worse...

I'd suggest that for the time being we remove the Whitewall database excerpt. While probably below the 250 words count each and quite well attributed, it's in no way original work. Thanks for hosting it, Jane...

I'm working on a solution to get the entire thing online with Issaries, but have not yet started the implementation.