Re: After the fall

From: donald_at_...
Date: Mon, 23 May 2005 12:22:46 GMT

In message <006e01c55f0d$6ccfd2e0$cd6b7640_at_oemcomputer> "Roderick and Ellen Robertson" writes:

>> > I could see a campaign where the
>> > players are the members/officers of the Forgotten Garrison,
>>
>> Yes, so could I - but not in the Sartar Rising series, which is my current
>> aim.
>
>Oh, well then they get to be the crack Uroxi insertion team (or just plain
>gutsy heroes) who have to get into WW, figure out what's going on, and deal
>with it. Pretty standard spy/sabotage/assassination mission, except...
>(that's where the surprise of the commander comes in - he's married to
>Broyan's sister!, or he swears that he has forsaken the goddess, or ...).

I know who this Lunar commander is, and why he's been forgotten. There's a character in my story on the Wiki - Danbal. He should have gone home with his regiment after the Batblat but didn't, he spends the rest of the siege acting as messenger, escort to new officers etc. Afterwards they're looking for someone to lumber with the job of taking charge of the garrison so he gets promoted. Trouble is he isn't really officer material and can't read or write so he needs a scribe to help him. That scribe is a rebel spy but few of the rebels know that - they just know the lunar garrison has been infiltrated so there's an unofficial arrangement whereby neither disturbs the other very much - until the PCs arrive.

If you're interested Jane, I can write Danbal up five-six years on in this position.

--
Donald Oddy
http://www.grove.demon.co.uk/